331 Main St., Somerset WI
Public meeting location and public garden. Building has power, no heat or bathroom facilities.
Contact Town Clerk (715) 247-3470
Somerset Township, incorporated in 1856, served rural and village residents until 1915 when the Village incorporated. Village founder Sam Harriman named Somerset for his father’s birthplace in England. In 1886 Edward Mason, Harriman’s nephew, built the historic Town Hall along Main Street. Both Town and Village Board of Directors held meetings at this location.
Old Town Hall renovation efforts began in 2005 and the building opened for the sesquicentennial September of 2006.